The mission of the Utah County Animal Services Department is to provide the citizens of Utah County
with effective and cost efficient animal services by active enforcement of state and local laws, the
humane sheltering and disposal of stray and unwanted animals, and the promotion of responsible pet
ownership and animal welfare.
The primary objective of Animal Services employees is to provide quality service to the citizens
while dedicating themselves to improving the co-existence of animals and humans.
Other objectives are to:
- Maintain the highest quality of services to the community.
- Relieve the pain and suffering of animals.
- Promote responsible pet ownership.
- Increase public awareness of animal issues.
- Co-operation with Breed Rescue / Animal Welfare Organizations.
- Continue training and education for management and staff.
Please visit North Utah Valley Animal Shelter
for more information regarding the animal shelter which serves the communities of Alpine, American
Fork, Cedar Hills, Eagle Mountain, Highland, Lehi, Lindon, Orem, Pleasant Grove and Saratoga
Please visit Suvas.org for more information regarding the South Utah
Valley Animal Shelter which serves the communities of Provo, Springville, Mapleton, Spanish Fork,
Payson, Elk Ridge, Genola, Goshen, Salem, Santaquin and Woodland Hills.