Utah County Sheriff's Office

Supplemental Security Services

The Judicial Support Bureau facilitates supplemental security services for events held in County owned buildings in the Provo complex and / or on their grounds.

Citizens wishing to utilize the Utah County Health and Justice Building, the Historic Courthouse, the Utah County Administration Building or their grounds for private events (ie. weddings, photo shoots, film events, festivals, etc.) may be required to contract with us to provide security for a given event.

While not all events held on County owned properties or in County owned buildings require an event permit, it is advisable to consult with the Utah County Public Works Department prior to holding an event and prior to arranging for security for an event. If a permit is required, Public Works will require a m inimum of 30 days to process the permit application for approval. Information regarding event permits and the permit application form can be found at: http://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/PubWrks/EventPermits.asp

To arrange for security services for an event, please contact Sgt. Robert Weidlein or Lt. Yvette Rice by email.

Security Services Rates:

Deputy Rates: $90 per hour per deputy

Supervisor Rates: $100 per hour per supervisor *Any event requiring more than three deputies to work must include a supervisor in addition to the required deputies. In this case, the event holder will be charged an additional $100 per hour for the supervisor's presence at the event.

  • 2-hour minimum charge per deputy per event.
  • Our office requires a minimum of 10 days to process the request and arrange for adequate security coverage for your event.
  • Requestor will be billed after the event and payment is due within 14 days of receipt of the event invoice.
  • We require 48 hours notice to cancel requested services. If agreed upon service is cancelled without at least 48 hours notice, the requestor will be billed a two hour minimum charge per deputy.

A copy of our "Agreement for Supplemental Security Services" form can be obtained by clicking on the tab below.